Tuesday, May 27, 2008

2 years ago....

Add up you and me
Equals eternity
We're the perfect equation
Like pieces of a puzzle
We know it'll be a struggle
But our love can solve anything

The door was open
You walked right on through
And my heart jumped when it saw you
We have a connection
That money can't buy
And we're on the same line

And I, I love you
And I, I need you


Words can't express
All the feelings I've suppressed
Within my heart


Through these words I'm conveying
Listen to what I'm saying
You're the love of my life


I've never felt a love so strong
We knew it all along
Unbreakable


Happiness is what you bring
You mean so much to me
You're all I'll ever need


And when you have to go
Oh how I'll miss you so
Come back soon

I could write a million songs for you
But this one takes the cake
Come what may, sunshine or rain
Our love will never break


Today I make my vow
Right here and right now
To always stay by your side

You're my better part
You'll always have my heart
And the key


And I, I love you
And I, I need you


Two wonderful years have passed and we're still going strong! I love you more than you'll ever know Phil! Thanks for making me the happiest woman in the world! :)

8 comments:

. said...

congrats! it's almost that time for us too! about a month away. and cute background too!!

Lela said...

Well congrats on your 2 year mark! Another great poem too. I am free almost any day.

I heard you were helping with varsity basketball for Sinagua. I am thinking you should back out of that and be Aarons assistant coach. Brown has 2 others and Aaron doesn't have any! Anyway, call me and let me know when you are good for lunch. 699-5613

Brette said...

Time fly's when your having fun right!? I'm glad you guys got to get away and go camping. Even if you did freeze all night! All 4 of us should go camping sometime this summer, when it's warmer. We would have a grand ol' time. You could teach me how to make those campfire dinners and I'll teach you how to make my Smore's treat. Sound like a plan? Anyway, cute poem and congrats on 2 years!

Rachel and Jared said...

Sorry this is a little late, but Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it's been 2 years. It'll be mine and Jared's 2 year mark June 23. Did you write that poem? You are one amazing woman!

Rachel and Jared said...

Ashlee! Don't say that! I don't want you to cry! I promise I will come to basketball this week! I am not going to play, but I'd be happy to watch Wyatt for you guys. Good luck on painting your kitchen, if you need any help, just holler! I'm hoping I can finish my goals by the end of the summer. Jeesh, there are a lot, kind of intimidating, haha! Talk to you later!

Chlarson Family said...

Congrats! I tried really hard but I couldn't read what you wrote(either I'm blind or the writing is too light)...but I'm sure it was profound and sweet! Love ya Ash!

Karlee said...

Congrats! That is the an awesome poem, you're so talented Ashlee!

taytum said...

Congrats on hitting that two year mark! Only an eternity to go...