Friday, May 9, 2008

We were chosen before we were born!

So last night I was reading the last chapter in the doctrine & covenants section 138 where President Joseph F. Smith recieved a vision about Christ's visit to the spirit world while he was still in the tomb and how he appointed his very elite to go down and preach to the people who had been unworthy to be in His presence. Anyway, verses 53-56 hit me really hard last night and gave me a great idea for a song! It talks about the choice spirits/the elite (all of us) being chosen before we were born to come down and that we were the noble & great ones to be rulers in the church of God and that we recieved our first lessons in the world of spirits and were prepared for our mission here on earth! Then it got me thinking & wondering about who was I before I came to earth? What was I like? How strong and willing was I to follow everything the Father said? So I thought what an amazing idea for a song! It's going to be about me trying to communicate and make a connection with my Spirit. To figure out who I was before I was born so that I can become one with my Spirit and by doing so, be able to fulfill my divine destiny here on earth! Anyway, I'm so excited to get started on this. I just hope that I will be able to find the words to convey this important message!

3 comments:

Rachel and Jared said...

That is awesome! You have such an amazing talent.

Eric and Breanna Graham said...

Wow you're so talented! I'm sure you'll do great. Can't wait to hear it.

Karlee said...

Wow Ashlee, that sounds awesome. What a great message :) It definitely got me thinking