Monday, December 31, 2007

Finally some Inspiration! Thanks Grandma!

So this past Friday as I was driving out to my parents to pick up my brothers for the weekend words to a new song just came to my mind. It was so inspiring, I had to pull over and write it down so I wouldn't forget! When I got home, I got right on the piano and the rest of the words and music just came to me. It was amazing! It has been sooo long it seems since the last time I have been inspired to write a song, but this one just hit me! It's about my Grandma Peggy who passed away about a year and a half ago. Basically in the song, it's her talking to me telling me to let her go, to stop crying for her, to hold on to that hope that I will one day see her again! I could feel my Grandma with me the whole time as I was writing this song, it was an experience I will never forget! I love you Grandma!

1st verse:
Let go of me
I'm just a thought away
That will never change
Cause I am here

And those memories we've shared
Keep them close to your heart
Let that remind you
I'm not that far

Chorus:
It's so hard to say goodbye
To the closest part of your life
But what we believe will keep our eyes dry
I will see you again
But for now...let me go

2nd Verse:
There were so many things
I wish I could've said to you that night
I felt you so close to me
Holding your hand in mine

There's no sense in holding on
So please don't cry for me
Cause we know the truth is
My Spirit's free

Chorus:
It's so hard to say goodbye
To the closest part of your life
But what we believe will keep our eyes dry
I will see you again
But for now...let me go

Bridge:
And now you're sitting there
Wondering what you're gonna do
Without me in your life
I wonder too

Chorus:
It's so hard to say goodbye
To the closest part of your life
But what we believe will keep our eyes dry
I will see you again
But for now
Yes I will see you again
But for now...let me go

10 comments:

THE POTTLES said...

Wow that is an awesome song I love it. You need to sing it to me when I get up there. Anyway I will try and get those pictures up for you!!! I can't wait to see you either!!

Brette said...

Wow good job Ashlee! You are very talented. I could never write something like that. Maybe I could hear you sing it too? :) Don't be shy either! Thanks for helping me choose my background. Life just gets so tuff here at work, and it's nice to have someone help me with my complicated decisions! haha This past weekend was lots of fun. We should get together again sometime soon and play games again. Maybe I'll redeem myself at No Name? I did blow you all out of the water on that last hand. I won 1 out of 12? Not very good odds on my part though.

. said...

look at you... you could be the next britney spears!

Spencer and Marlee said...

You are amazing! That is a beautiful song!

Lori said...

Hey, Ashlee. I really like what you wrote, it sends a great (and still simple) message. If you get it all recorded in a demo, have you thought about submitting it for EFY consideration? I could help you get some more details if you'd like. I know submissions close around Thanksgiving, but you could get it all together like you'd like it for the summer 2009 submissions...? Just a thought. Keep it up!

Rachel and Jared said...

Ashlee you have such a great talent! I'm so glad you had that inspiration. It's a beautiful song!

Chlarson Family said...

That is a beautiful song! What a great outlet to help you thru your grief. You're so talented!

Anonymous said...

ASHLEE you amazing! I love your songs... ALLLLL of them! And your voice, I miss it! You need to send me a cd or SOMETHING cause all my cd;s got stolen and yours was my fav. Im your biggest fan!!!

Boston Paynes said...

That song is just beautiful. I would love to hear it with the music. I lost my best friend 5 years ago and think of her everyday. Time does heal but its still hard & I miss her soooooo much !! Its amazing how much music can do for us. Thanks for sharing !!

The Rail Riding Smiths said...

What an amazing gift you've been given. Aunt Peggy's death was so very hard on me because I was not able to say goodbye to her. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful song. I think it will help me to let go as well. Love & miss you Valee.