Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Elk Bugling in ????

Yes, finally a new update, sorry everybody. Phil and I a couple weekends ago went to ???? (sorry my husband doesn't want me to disclose any information about where we went for reasons unknown to me?) and met up with his Uncle Dave and Aunt Bev to go Scouting and do some bugling. The Elk were talking like crazy! Friday night we went to bed at 9, which was nice, but was so hard to fall asleep because usually we go to bed around 10 or 11. Anyway, we had just fallen asleep, it felt like, when we heard 2 elk bugling really close to our tent. So Phil gets out and starts calling them in. It was pitch dark, so of course I stayed in the tent for fear of what else might be out there! I'm a scardey cat. Anyway, he decided he was done and got back into the tent and it felt like 3 am. Phil looked at his phone and it was only 12am! I was soo mad, cause I wasn't sleeping good at all because of all the noise. Anyway, 5 o'clock rolls around and it's time to get up, and once again, sooo mad. I'm just not a morning person at all! Anyway, this video is from that morning. It was the coolest thing ever and was totally worth getting up at 5 for! For a short moment I could see why my husband likes hunting so much, but like I said, it was only for a short moment. jk! The rest of the day we quaded around the forest, checking the spots, hiking and enjoying Mother nature. It is sooo beautiful there ??? (once again i can't tell you, sorry :) And was so much fun as always, hanging out with Uncle Dave and Aunt Bev. Thanks again! Oh yeah and might I add that everyone found an antler but me!!! Once again, sooo mad! But it really was a fun trip and I loved spending time with Phil and seeing him get so excited about it. Enjoy...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well they can't tell where they are because they don't want anyone to take over there territory and it's like if I tell you then you will have to die sort of thing.
I have only heard the Elk once and I wasn't all that interested, I wanted to sleep too!
Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks.

Jessie and Byron said...

soooo cool i have never heard that before!!

Brette said...

What if I tell the location where this was filmed..... How much will you pay me to keep my trap quiet?? Or should I say how much will Phil pay me?? Anyway it's about time for an update. I was actually quite surprised to click over to your blog and see a new post. Good Job!! We don't have much to post about either though. Cool video though. Maybe when were up there in a couple weeks they won't keep you awake this time. I'm still not sure if I'm spending the night though? Depends on if Nate goes or not. Your buns better hurry and get yourself down to the cabin tomorrow!! Since you ditched me and all... And when are we going to paint?

Anonymous said...

I love your background too!!!!!

. said...

wow you go girl! what a cute blog you have too!