Thursday, April 16, 2009

Experiment

Hey everyone! So, I know this may sound a little strange, but I am conducting an Experiment here. All you have to do is tap your fingers on your lap or a desk (like when you're thinking or when you're nervous, that kind of tapping.) then I want you to tell me which finger you started with, your pinky or your pointer finger. It's that easy! I'm still in the process of figuring out my variable as to why some people do it with their pointer finger first or their pinky. At first I thought it was because it was a female thing to do it with your pointer first, but then my Mother-in-law and sister-in-law kind of threw that idea in the dump! jk! Then I thought maybe it was a short hair thing and a long hair thing, but then my sister ruined that one! Then I thought it was just genes, if your parents both start with their pinky then all the kids will start with their pinky but then my other sister-in-law Andrea, ruined that one! :) So now, I have no clue what my variable could be now?? Any Suggestions or ideas?? It's driving me crazy! I have to figure out why!
p.s. thanks for participating :)

10 comments:

Lindsey said...

I am a pinky.

The only suggestion I have is piano playing????

Jessie and Byron said...

I do my pointer finger...

Erin said...

This is funny. I start with my pinky. I didn't even know anyone started with their pointer. It seems so much harder for me!

Stacey said...

I'm with Erin... I am incapable of starting with my pointer!

Eric and Breanna Graham said...

I start with the pinky. I can't even do it at all with my pointer. Funny!

Geevz said...

I used my middle finger. I'm just a freak

Lela said...

Hey Ash, My whole family starts with their pinky. We find it hard to start with our pointer. My dad says smart people start with their pinky's. My mom says it can still be genetic even if all the kids don't start with the same finger. Like right or left handedness is genetic but not all the kids have the same hand preference.

Boston Paynes said...

I start with my pinky. I too can't do it at all if I start with my pointer. That's too funny. I guess I just thought all people started with their pinky.

Kelly said...

Pinky, regardless of the hand. It's harder to do the other way. Starting with my middle finger, like crazy geneva, is actually even easier.

Anonymous said...

I start with my pinky finger, can't tell you why, it's just easier or maybe it's just seems easier because I have always done it that way.