Monday, April 14, 2008

Parley P. Pratt...An amazing man!

Ok, so I started reading this book several years ago called "The Autobiography of Parley P. Pratt", I got 3/4 of the way done with it and put it away for a long while for some reason? (What was I thinking?) Anyway, I just found it the other day and have been addicted to it since. I can't put it down! Every minute I have to myself, I read it. For those of you who know me, I'm not much of a reader at all. I have to be hooked from the very beginning to stay interested and finish it. Anyway, this book is amazing! Parley P. Pratt was such a spiritual man, intelligent man of God! The example he has set, has and will be remembered for years to come. If you haven't read this book, then I strongly suggest you get yourself a copy right now! It has motivated and inspired me so much to become a better person, to be more well-rounded and to not be afraid to stand up for what I believe in and to share what I know to be true to other people around me! I'm telling you, you will not regret reading this book. If any of you want to borrow my copy, you're more than welcome, just let me know. :)

7 comments:

Jessie and Byron said...

Hey Ashlee, I haven't read that book I will have to go get it but actually he is my relative, he is like my great (no idea how many greats) grandpa or something like that, my mom has some of his books, he is truley an amazing man!

THE POTTLES said...

I don't think I will ever give that reason up because you know it had some part of it! HA HA so you will never change my mind! HA HA HA! Sucka! Love ya!

Brette said...

Soo... My butt and my arms are sore from that mean game of Tennis we played! That's a bad sign, that I do not exercise enough!! Well... At all really. I had alot of fun, we really should play again sometime soon. I gotta get my game under control. Work on my serve, my left handed hits!! haha no more wacking it over the fence! I'm sure you noticed I could use alot of help! Anyway, thanks for the fun day.

Allison said...

Word- so really, nothing happened on Sunday. My roommate sat us right in front of him and he kept his head down the entire time. It was interesting. I should have said hi but I didn't...I will though the next opportunity I have. I love awkward moments. The other guy, Ryan actually came and talked to me. I said hi to him and he came and talked to me. It was a Sunday miracle. He doesn't hate me anymore. :)

Allison said...

PS- Your little guy is so cute and it was so good to see you two on Saturday. It was the perfect way to break up that fun drive! :)

Brette said...

Ok ok fine... I'll admitt we had a tie. I'm totally down for the softball throw! Just not tennis, or checkers, or tennis, or any kid of card game. Anything else, I'm game!! Maybe if we do go to Colorado we can go to Elbert Creek and have a fishing contest! Who can catch the most fish?? That should be fun right? Ooh and your driving this time! We all know what happend last time I drove there!

Go Farr Family said...

It has been so many years since I read this book. Thanks for the suggestion I think I will re read it.